[HarfBuzz] Updates Regarding Text Layout Working Group Meeting At LGM in Wrocław, Poland

Eric Mader emader at icu-project.org
Wed Jan 30 17:16:15 PST 2008

My comments below...

Regards,
Eric

Ed Trager wrote:
> (3) ED'S SUGGESTIONS MOVING FORWARD
>
> Here are my thoughts:
>
>      3.1. We continue the plans to have a TLM meeting at LGM in Wrocław.

Seems like the best choice, given the constraints.

>      3.2. Those who can attend will attend. Behdad and others will be
> there.  People who plan to attend PLEASE FILL IN YOUR NAMES
>            ON THE WEB PAGE AT
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/TextLayout2008Attendees .  I will try
> to update the web pages based on
>            what I know as soon as I have some time.
>
>      3.3. Those who can't attend won't.  That includes me -- I have no
> sponsorship from my employer nor from elsewhere.

I have no sponsorship either. My manager has already said that my
company won't sponsor me. (And they didn't even know that the meeting is
going to be in Poland ;-)

I think there are things that should be discussed by everyone, however.
Maybe some of us can attend online, or maybe a separate Skype conference
or IRC chat?

>      3.4. At LGM in Wrocław we decide about which future LF
> Collaboration Summit venue would be best for the next TLM after
> Wrocław.

(I vote for Hawaii :-)

>      3.5. I think the LF Collab Summit in Austin in April is coming up
> too soon so I don't see Austin as a viable option compared to
>            Wrocław.  There is already a lot of excited discussion
> about what can be discussed in Wrocław, so I think it is fairly
> evident that
>            Wrocław is the preferred venue this time around.
>
>      3.6. If we could really manage to get YouTube videos of each
> presentation this year, I think that would go a long, long way toward
>            maintaining open communication with the wider community who
> are unable to attend Wrocław in person.

Perhaps some of the people who can't attend could upload videos?

>      3.7. Anyone who wishes to disagree with my take on all of this,
> please feel free to do so.

(I wish I could disagree, but I can't ;-)