[HarfBuzz] Updates Regarding Text Layout Working Group Meeting At LGM in Wrocław, Poland

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Jan 30 17:44:47 PST 2008

> I have no sponsorship either. My manager has already said that my
> company won't sponsor me. (And they didn't even know that the meeting is
> going to be in Poland ;-)

Hopefully we get video working this time, maybe even video from remote
people too.  Who knows...

It's kinda important for you to be in the meeting as I want to discuss
pushing harfbuzz's OT layout engine into ICU as a first step before the
shapers...

> I think there are things that should be discussed by everyone, however.
> Maybe some of us can attend online, or maybe a separate Skype conference
> or IRC chat?

Yes, of course.

> >      3.4. At LGM in Wrocław we decide about which future LF
> > Collaboration Summit venue would be best for the next TLM after
> > Wrocław.
>
> (I vote for Hawaii :-)

If you organize it!

> >      3.5. I think the LF Collab Summit in Austin in April is coming up
> > too soon so I don't see Austin as a viable option compared to
> >            Wrocław.  There is already a lot of excited discussion
> > about what can be discussed in Wrocław, so I think it is fairly
> > evident that
> >            Wrocław is the preferred venue this time around.
> >
> >      3.6. If we could really manage to get YouTube videos of each
> > presentation this year, I think that would go a long, long way toward
> >            maintaining open communication with the wider community who
> > are unable to attend Wrocław in person.
>
> Perhaps some of the people who can't attend could upload videos?
>
> >      3.7. Anyone who wishes to disagree with my take on all of this,
> > please feel free to do so.
>
> (I wish I could disagree, but I can't ;-)
>
> > Best Wishes -- Ed Trager

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759