[HarfBuzz] New Indic standard?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Aug 20 09:12:48 PDT 2009

On 08/20/2009 12:32 AM, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> On 2009-Aug-19 22:40, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> There's not much coding involved. It would be most efficient if the local
>> people focus on gathering the Indic data, and those of us who know the
>> code,
>> can focus on the coding part.
>
> Can you state precisely what "Indic data" is required?

Basically what you list yourself.  Something in a simple XML or other
machine-readable format so we can process it.

Something as simple as:

INPUT: U+1234,U+5678 # some comment
FONT: Some Font Name 24
OUTPUT: <1,0,0>,<5,10,30>

Where the output tuples are glyph id, X and Y.
Something like that can be processed into whatever format we end up adopting
later.

behdad