[HarfBuzz] Indic Testing Team

sandeep shedmake sandeep.shedmake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 06:06:53 PDT 2009

2009/9/4 प्रविण सातपुते <pravin.d.s at gmail.com>

> Hi

Hi,

> I have made a first draft for devanagari test cases, though not formatted
> very well
> see attachment /
> http://pravins.fedorapeople.org/first_draft_for_testing_harfbuzz.pdf
>
> please let me know your comment on this

Sure.

All the test-cases are good, except for the following 'blws' combination:
ठ्र्ु -> u'\u0920\u094d\u0930\u094d\u0941'

Since, u094d and u0941 both are Vowels, leads to formation of a dotted
circle.

I may be wrong altogether if the test case: ठ्र्ु ->
u'\u0920\u094d\u0930\u094d\u0941'
is actually looking for an invalid combination depicted via dotted circle.

Pravin, please correct me if I am wrong.

> I have used magnal font on Windows Vista
>
> just missing thing is now glyph id
>
> i used http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otfntdev/devanot/features.aspxfor creating this test cases
>
> at end of this page MS$ has given really good example, how uniscribe
> reorders characters
>
> that test case will be also useful and i will add in next draft

Nice effort though.

> Thanks,
> Pravin S

Regards,