[HarfBuzz] A couple of clarifications regarding HarfBuzz

Tom Hacohen tom.hacohen at partner.samsung.com
Wed Oct 20 09:01:40 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 17:50 +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> Each OpenType lookup is associated with script(s) and language(s) where
> it should be active.
Oh, right, didn't think about those Latin users, my bad. What's the best
way to detect languages? Just use locale? or is there a better way?
> There is the ligature caret in GDEF table (I don't know how HB presents
> such data), but most fonts don't have such carets set so you may want to
> divide the ligature into equal parts by the number of its components
> (may be HB already does such thing?), see:
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/archives/2006/10/partial_ligatur.html
I thought about splitting the coords to the number of components, but I
don't know the mapping between harfbuzz indexes and the original ones
(see question #6).

Thanks a lot,
Tom.