[HarfBuzz] Hindi scripts shaping support (Devangari and etc)

Tom Hacohen tom.hacohen at partner.samsung.com
Thu Apr 21 03:39:37 PDT 2011

Dear all,

How are you? I hope you are well.

I really need Harfbuzz to support those scripts which do not currently
work. I remember that some time ago some people have shown interest in
getting them to work and even someone (don't remember who) said he's
working on it.

I can't read/write any of those languages nor am I familiar with the
Harfbuzz (ng or old) code nor with the OT specifications, but I think
that at this point I will have to try adding this support myself, or at
least try to see what I can do.

I'm sending this email to find out if there's already someone that's
working on it, if so, does he have an ETA? or maybe did something I can
base my work upon? If not, do you guys have any tips (beside reading the
OT specs which I'm doing now, reading the harfbuzz code which I'll do
soon or learn reading Devangari which I don't see happening :P )?

Thanks a lot,
Tom.