[HarfBuzz] harfbuzz-ng: Branch 'master' - 3 commits

Grigori Goronzy greg at chown.ath.cx
Mon Aug 1 00:56:50 PDT 2011

On 07/31/2011 07:50 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> New commits:
> commit 9da0487cd452d780673e24329ce03e174a4ef83b
> Author: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>
> Date:   Sun Jul 31 13:46:44 2011 -0400
>
>     [Indic] Support ZWJ/ZWNJ
>
>     Brings test-shape-complex failures down from 52 to 10!
>
>     I hereby declare harfbuzz-ng supporting Indic!

Thanks for your work Behdad! I checked out some Devanagari and Kannada
samples and all was fine (I don't really know the scripts, but rendering
looks exactly like Pango with old HarfBuzz).

By the way, when do you think will HarfBuzz be ready to ship as a
standalone library in distributions? I'm working on the subtitle
rendering library libass and extended it to use HarfBuzz-ng for shaping
(this is a GSoC project). I definitely want to avoid including a HB copy
in my repository.

At the moment the API and its semantics still seem to be rather
unstable, is this going to change any soon?

Grigori