[HarfBuzz] graphite 1.0.1 released

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 01:39:59 PDT 2011

Hi and thanks for your reply!

On 08/08/2011 02:02 PM, Martin Hosken wrote:
>> 2) Is there any overhead to using Graphite via HB rather than OT
>> caused by the additional external (?) library of Graphite compared
>> to the OT code being *within* the Graphite code corpus itself?

> Neither of these are large costs.

Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear. I was interested in knowing whether
Graphite rendering via Harfbuzz is slower than OT rendering via Harfbuzz
for the same text/script. Somehow I get the perception that OT is
"inbuilt" into HB whereas Graphite is an *external* library that HB
calls, which is why I ask.

--
Shriramana Sharma