[HarfBuzz] graphite 1.0.1 released

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 03:40:44 PDT 2011

On 08/08/2011 03:27 PM, Martin Hosken wrote:
> For some scripts Graphite is faster and for others it is slower. But
> it is not much slower and it is sometimes much faster. The more
> lookups that fire in your font (particularly contextual lookups) the
> more likely that Graphite will be faster.

Without any offence to anybody, and with no desire to bash OT but only
to make things "clear" (?) it appears (from this) that the basic
principle upon which OT lookup tables were designed aren't very
effective. Is that so?

> It being an external library has nothing to do with it.

Oh -- right -- I learnt this early along my (limited) programming
knowledge but forgot it -- since there is direct linkage of the HB code
against the Graphite library, it is fast. (Right?)

--
Shriramana Sharma