[HarfBuzz] Using harfbuzz / Howto / Sample code

Deepak Joglekar jogdeep at ymail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:34:36 PST 2011

Hi,

I am using Ultimate++ IDE for C++ development. This is a cross platform tool for making programs for Windows and Linux.

It has its own Draw / Paint routines. It is not using GTK.  For font rendering on windows it is using winapi, and on Linux FreeType.

I want to use Indic scripts in my application. Indic font rendering is proper on windows platform. Font rendering is not proper on Linux platform. Because FreeType only will not render Indic fonts correctly.

I would like to use HarfBuzz for this. Looking for guideline /direction for how to use HarfBuzz in place of FreeType or with Freetype to get correct rendering of Indic fonts.

Thanks.

Deepak