[HarfBuzz] Using harfbuzz / Howto / Sample code

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Dec 13 04:52:50 PST 2011

Deepak,

there are two sample applications in the HarfBuzz repository: hb-shape
and hb-view. hb-shape takes text and font info and outputs the glyph IDs
and the coordinates of the shaped glyphs, and hb-view also uses FreeType
to additionally render the actual glyphs using FreeType (it uses the
Cairo drawing canvas).

Both applications are quite cleanly written and should give you insight
as how to use HarfBuzz.

Best,
Adam