[HarfBuzz] Unicode vs glyphs

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Jun 14 09:11:57 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 09:28:21PM +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> On 14-06-2011 21:24, pravin.d.s at gmail.com wrote:
> >And if someone started thinking for Nastaliq script, he need lots of
> >glyphs(6 times more than indic scripts)
>
> I realize this is getting slightly OT for this thread but really
> what is the consensus on Nastaliq? A glyphic variant of Arabic? A
> stylistic one?

Nastaliq is just another form of Arabic calligraphy, just like Naskh,
Thuluth, Riqaa and the plethora of other forms that existed through the
long development of Arabic script.

Regards,
 Khaled

P.S. Nastiliq is my fathers favourite for his "important" handwriting
instead of the common Riqaa, the only one I've seen writing Nastliq with
a pencil, one day I'll make a font out of his handwriting :)

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Egyptian