[HarfBuzz] harfbuzz 1.0

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:38:20 PDT 2012

On 7/8/12 00:13, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> [+harfbuzz list]
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Hope you enjoyed GUADEC.  I sure missed the atmosphere, judging by PGO posts.
>
> Sure, lets do it.  As of now, harfbuzz is in par os better than Pango in all
> aspects that I know.
>
> So, what I will do (some of it during my flight back home today):

Hi Behdad,

One other thing that'd be nice to have in time for 1.0: insertion of
dotted circle as an artificial base for text-initial combining marks --
i.e. marks that lack any valid base character.

(I know we've discussed this before, so just noting it here FTR.)

Not sure whether there should be an API to enable/disable this behavior;
is it likely that some clients might want to suppress it?

JK