[HarfBuzz] Documentation tools (was Re: Font introspection tool

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Dec 19 10:05:06 PST 2012

On 12-12-19 12:59 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> Didn't know about pandoc.  Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Well, it's written in Haskell, even more intimidating than Scheme :-)
>
> Its author, however, is very responsive, and I can imagine that he can
> add support for features you probably need $(Q#|(B or help you in writing a
> JSON filter as described in the documentation.
>
> For example, I've done this to make a Markdown document insert SVG
> images if converted to HTML and PDF `images' if converted to LaTeX.

Interesting.  Reminds me that... we don't have any docs in HarfBuzz.  For API
reference I think we're good using gtk-doc.  But for developer documentation
(more like a book), I don't know what the best toolchain is these days.  I
sure don't like writing XML.

Markdown sure looks the cleanest.

Shaun, any ideas?  What do you guys do for GNOME these days?  Whatever that
is, does pandoc output that format?

behdad