[HarfBuzz] Tai Tham Shaping Question #2 : MEDIAL RA

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:04:43 PST 2012

Hi, Thep!

By "other engines" do you mean "Graphite"?

Once I get the glyph work and the (OpenType-based-) tone and vowel mark
GPOS positioning work completed in the Hariphunchai font, then I'll be
ready to work on the Graphite rule set.  Hopefully Martin Hosken will be
available to help introduce the Graphite tools and tricks to get that done
correctly.

The Graphite rule set for Hariphunchai should also work for Khottabun.
 When the time is ripe, hopefully you and I will be able to coordinate on
this to make sure we "kill two birds with one stone."

For Hariphunchai, the plan is to complete the Graphite rules first.  The
reason for this is straightforward:  There is only one version of Graphite
and thus we can avoid the issues of different implementations and versions
that plague OpenType.

Once the Graphite reference implementation is completed and well-tested in
Hariphunchai, then it will make sense to follow up with the OpenType
implementation.

- Ed