[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz-JS?

Lóránt Pintér lorant.pinter at prezi.com
Tue Sep 4 04:36:40 PDT 2012

Hi Behdad,

Thanks for the quick response. We were also considering using emscripten, but with FreeType it looked too slow. With only HarfBuzz it might just work, though. Will look into this.

Having the UCDN project is really cool. When do you plan to integrate it with HarfBuzz? Is there a way I can make HarfBuzz use it already?

I have a few other questions about how to use HarfBuzz for our needs:
Are there best practices to layout rich text, where fonts/colors/underlines/etc. can mix?
Is HarfBuzz capable of breaking lines at a certain width? Or is this something that I would have to do?
Does it support OpenType features like Optical Bounds that work with line bounds?
Is there a list of features/languages/scripts supported by HarfBuzz somewhere?

--
Thanks,
Lorant