[HarfBuzz] Kerning issue with Linux Libertine smallcaps

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Aug 4 03:35:59 PDT 2013

Interesting. One obvious difference is that 5.1.3 has one lookup in the
kern feature, but 5.3.0 splits it into four.

Now if I reorder the lookups so that the one involving smallcaps comes
first, “Va” and “T-” get kerned, but “VA” gets unkerned. If I move the
small caps lookup to a separate feature, all kerning is applied
(regardless of the order).

Not sure if this is a font bug or HarfBuzz bug (just if the Uniscribe
backednd supported user features…).

Regards,
Khaled