[HarfBuzz] A plea to make HarfBuzz easier to build.

Jonathan Blow jon at number-none.com
Tue Dec 15 05:14:03 PST 2015

Sure, it would be fine to add this; there is also a for-loop in one spot
that doesn't compile in Visual Studio because it declares an enum inline,
so one has to move the enum.

But these things don't matter, they only take a minute to fix. It's
trivial. Whereas getting the library to build and link for the first time
is measured in hours.

It is a two-orders-of-magnitude difference, which is why I am saying that
if widespread use of the code is a goal, making it easier to build should
be the priority.