[HarfBuzz] hb-shape vs hb-view: ligatures

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Feb 4 13:18:08 PST 2015

LS> Ok, that did the trick, nevertheless I'm still wondering what's the
LS> default behaviour for this (when omitting --features)? Seems like
LS> defaulting to something?

The font's tables specify default behaviour for things like that.

And hb applies a set of features by default.

OTOH, the fact that, even without a zero-width non-joiner between
Sauerstoff and flasche, it doesn't create a inter-compund lig is just
co-incidence.  Were one to use a font with an fff lig one probably would
get fff l instead of ff fl.  Likewise, with most fonts, if the first
sub-word ended in a single f.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6