[HarfBuzz] Obtaining OpenType MATH Info

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Mar 3 13:28:51 PST 2015

Actually, HarfBuzz *is* the logical place where the MATH table parser and layout engine should reside. With MATH nearing standardization in OFF (the ISO version of OpenType), it would be logical to make a first attempt.

Jonathan Kew has written some code to parse the MATH tanle as part of his XeTeX project, but I presume that his code relies on bits of TeX to do the layout, so it's nit self-sufficient.

I know that Jonathan does collaborate on HarfBuzz and he'd probably be the best person to say how feasible adding MATH to HB would be (because it's not done now).

At this point, I guess your best bet would be to look at XeTeX, though it may to be a bit heavy on dependancies.

On the other hand, XeTeX has been ported to JavaScript via emscripten as part of texlive.js, so it may nit be that beastly after all.

A.

Sent from my mobile phone.