[HarfBuzz] Harfbuzz Questions

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at google.com
Wed Mar 4 09:09:10 PST 2015

I would not recommend requiring rendering engines to generate dotted
circles for Pahawh Hmong. Detecting invalid syllables best belongs in a
spellchecking layer. But if you really want to insert dotted circles in a
font instead of a spellchecker, you can add contextual GSUB rules to add
the dotted circle. You shouldn't change HarfBuzz for that.

All the other requirements for the script should already be covered by
HarfBuzz.

Other people can help with your other questions, I hope.