[HarfBuzz] How to use 'locl' feature of Noto Sans CJK with Harfbuzz?

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Wed May 6 14:30:20 PDT 2015

Behdad,

Can you confirm my understanding is that in HB:

1. For the script tags, one must use the ISO-style ("high level") script tags to get script-specific shaping. You once told me the trick that using OT-style ("low-level") script tags would disable the script-specific shaper but still execute the OT features blindly.

2. For the language tags, one should use high-level ISO-style language tags, while the low-level OT languagesystem tags "might" work, but it's not recommended to use them.

So overall, one should use the ISO-style codes.

A.

Sent from my mobile phone.