[HarfBuzz] Windows build of harfbuzz with nmake

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 13:25:19 UTC 2016

On 13/06/2016 13:51, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> DirectWrite and Uniscribe backends should be disabled
> by default since they are only for testing purposes
>
> [...]
>
> Or may be the issue is that you are using your own build system and just
> included all the source files

Hi Khaled,

You're right to an extent.  I did include 'hb-directwrite.cc' in my VC
sources but it was mostly because of something I read in README.txt:-

       DIRECTWRITE: Enable (experimental) DirectWrite platform shaper
support,
                               requires a rather recent Windows SDK, and
at least Windows Vista

It looks like I misunderstood that because I took it to mean that
'hb-directwrite.cc' should be buildable with the more recent Windows
compilers.  Thanks for the clarification.

John