[HarfBuzz] Why harfbuzz doesn't handle ligature carets itself?

Ebrahim Byagowi ebraminio at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 08:06:41 UTC 2018

Now makes sense. Thanks Khaled.

So maybe we should handle or accept some callback for that or doing that at
least when GDEF/lcar info is available for the glyph? I mean, anything to
improve here?

I guess playing with such details of hb_buffer with considering the
original text, just like Kashida justification, will be harder to get for
clients (the reason ligature carets API is not used AFAICS, in addition to
not being that popular on the fonts itself) so providing some lightweight
and unofficial wrapper at least, lcar with dividing fallback, can make
sense I guess.

Thanks