[HarfBuzz] Fwd: Wrong Glyph returned icu63/icu-le-hb/harfbuzz

Muhammad Owais muhammad.owais at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:34:31 UTC 2018

To cut it short I have tested with different data. 0x626 (YEH WITH HAMZA
ABOVE) is not properly rendered. Its initial and medial forms are not
returned properly.
I was previously using icu56 with paragraphlayout and layout engine it was
working fine. I upgraded to icu63/icu-le-hb and harbuzz 2.2.0. Now my
application rendering 0x626 in correctly. At some other places point (.) is
replaced with comma (,). My input data is same only the icu is upgraded to
63 with harfbuzz.

I tried to debug it generated fallback plan from font that may be the
problem but I am not confirmed. map.substitute returns wrong glyphe for
0x626 while 0x64a is rendered correctly.
 A simple test text could be ئيئي

correct output
المكتب الرئيسي

Wrong output