[HarfBuzz] Reading a GSUB subtable

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Jun 16 16:02:30 UTC 2020

Hi Owen,

I had to look up SMuFL.  I see it's been around since 2013.  I never heard
about it and don't think anyone I know has either.  I browsed the
specification and found it bizarre when it comes to its relationship with
OpenType.  But that's out of scope of your project.

Given that SMuFL hardcodes what the alternates are anyway, I suggest you
just use a hardcoded list and don't look into GSUB.  If you still want to,
we don't have that API in HarfBuzz yet, but we can converge to adding it
quickly I think.  Here's the issue to follow:

  https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/issues/673

Cheers,
behdad