[HarfBuzz] Default OpenType features (beginner's question)

Patrick std300 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:10:29 UTC 2020

Hello all,

does harfbuzz enable OpenType features by default? And if yes, is
there a list of the default enabled features?

When I load a font, for example CrimsonPro, I get standard ligatures
(fi for example). Where is this activated? Is this a harfbuzz or a
font thing? If I don't want them, I have to disable the feature
explicitly by "-liga"

Background: I use harfbuzz with LuaTeX and my own bindings. A quick
search makes me slightly confident that the backend software does not
add liga without my knowledge.

Thank you

 Patrick