[igt-dev] PATCH i-g-t Use the new procps library libproc2

Craig Small csmall at dropbear.xyz
Thu Nov 17 08:54:07 UTC 2022

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 at 19:23, Petri Latvala <petri.latvala at intel.com> wrote:

> What is the current distro availability status of libproc2? I can't
> find it at all in Ubuntu, it seems to be in experimental repo only in
> Debian, and I have no idea about the others.

Not sure, its a bit wait and see for other distributions. I think one of
the SuSE based ones had it.

The program will have to test for both libprocps and libproc2. I have
purposely put libproc2 into Debian experimental because otherwise the bug
reports for all its dependent projects would be raised higher and any
updates would not pass.
I'm giving those projects time to get the patches into either the Debian
package or, preferably upstream.

After that time then libproc2 will be in Sid and then no more updates of
dependent projects should happen until its fixed.

 - Craig