tests/intel/gem_exec_capture: changing the test size breaks the run

Zbigniew Kempczyński zbigniew.kempczynski at intel.com
Fri Apr 26 03:54:44 UTC 2024

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 09:41:11PM +0200, Peter Senna Tschudin wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> After my change*, most of the subtests from gem_exec_capture work, but
> only if called one by one using --run-subtest. Here is an example:

<cut>

Unfortunately this is related to IGTs construction. I mean if one
subtest will allocate the memory and due some reason it won't free it
then next subtest doesn't start from scratch, but from some changed
state. Subtests which fail mostly left drm fd in some state which
might affect next subtests. We're using igt_runner to separate subtests
execution and make sure each runs in own process. I'm not saying subtests
shouldn't run fluently one by one, but in CI we won't rely on that.

--
Zbigniew