tests/intel/gem_exec_capture: changing the test size breaks the run

Peter Senna Tschudin peter.senna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 04:30:15 UTC 2024

On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 5:54 AM Zbigniew Kempczyński <
zbigniew.kempczynski at intel.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 09:41:11PM +0200, Peter Senna Tschudin wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > After my change*, most of the subtests from gem_exec_capture work, but
> > only if called one by one using --run-subtest. Here is an example:
>
> <cut>
>
> Unfortunately this is related to IGTs construction. I mean if one
> subtest will allocate the memory and due some reason it won't free it
> then next subtest doesn't start from scratch, but from some changed
> state. Subtests which fail mostly left drm fd in some state which
> might affect next subtests. We're using igt_runner to separate subtests
> execution and make sure each runs in own process. I'm not saying subtests
> shouldn't run fluently one by one, but in CI we won't rely on that.

Thank you! I had this idea that there was some leftover in memory, but I
failed to find it. I tried Valgrind, but it did not help much...

I created an issue, and I took the liberty to copy your comment there.

The issue is here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/igt-gpu-tools/-/issues/154

[...]

--