[immodule-qt] Re: how about use postEvent instead of sendEvent in qt-immodule implementation?

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 18:27:20 EEST 2004

Hi YamaKen,
Thanks for your work.

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:08:57 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> I've simply fixed it by replacing other sendIMEvent() with
> postIMEvent(). I've investigated both actual behavior and event
> handling codes of the Qt to make the patch sure.
I think there is another way of achieving this:
Still use sendEvent for IMStart and IMEnd events, but when a widget
receives a IMEnd event, it will delete the pending IMCompose event in
its postedEvent list, so this will make sure the order is correct.

Because, I think it makes sence that IMStart and IMEnd events are
processed immediatelly.

What do you think?

> Cougar, would you maintain about this problem in all versions of
> our patches including future Qt4 works? I think that you are the
> most suitable maintainer for this.
No problem, with pleasure

Cheers,
Cougar