[immodule-qt] Re: how about use postEvent instead of sendEvent in qt-immodule implementation?

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sun Jul 4 19:18:15 EEST 2004

At Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:27:20 +0100,
liucougar at gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:08:57 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > I've simply fixed it by replacing other sendIMEvent() with
> > postIMEvent(). I've investigated both actual behavior and event
> > handling codes of the Qt to make the patch sure.
> I think there is another way of achieving this:
> Still use sendEvent for IMStart and IMEnd events, but when a widget
> receives a IMEnd event, it will delete the pending IMCompose event in
> its postedEvent list, so this will make sure the order is correct.

Perhaps it will work. But its unnatural implementation requires
more validation about event flow (such as eventfilters) and more
maintenance cost for future development especially Qt4. So I
think that significant value is required to implement so. But I
can't judge the value because I can't sense the difference on my
environment.

> Because, I think it makes sence that IMStart and IMEnd events are
> processed immediatelly.

Is the difference sensible? How different?

> > Cougar, would you maintain about this problem in all versions of
> > our patches including future Qt4 works? I think that you are the
> > most suitable maintainer for this.
> No problem, with pleasure

Thanks!

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp