[immodule-qt] subversion repository is now available, but only via ssh

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Jul 7 13:50:43 EEST 2004

At Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:35:50 +0900,
kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp wrote:

> On Monday 05 July 2004 12:14, Daisuke Kameda wrote:
> > I am going to create the brunch of the BC version. And, changes
> > about IC Holder in "ALL" patches will be committed to the trunk.
>
> I have committed these changes.

Thanks for the work.

> On Tuesday 06 July 2004 20:25, YamaKen wrote:
> > > When creating repository, I unwittingly have placed source directly under
> > > "immqt". It is because I have imported it like cvs, since I didn't
> > > understand subversion well.
> >
> > Do you think about containing our historical patches? I think
> > that it helps someone who want to understand our development
> > history. And it also helps ourself to refer previous
> > implementations. However, it requires many of boring works such
> > as to track changes between Qt 3.2.1 and 3.3.2, and merging
> > diffs into appropriate branches, so starting without previous
> > patches is a reasonable choice.
> >
> > I would help the boring work if you choose containing the
> > patches.
>
> I think that such work should be done after Qt4 in which immodule
> was adopted is released.
>
> The release of Qt4 is at hand. At most, it will be about two months after.
> It may be about one month. So, I think that we should do our best for
> creating more excellent immodule.
>
> If Qt4 is released, I am going to remake repository at once and to restore
> the past change incrementally. Then, although the dates differ, the reference
> of the past implementation will be attained.

I've understand your decision about containing historical
patches. But I'm still not sure about your development
policy. Is my understanding same as yours?

- policies
  * start without our historical patches for now
  * we MUST develop on the 'ALL' rather than 'BC' because BC is
    a subset of ALL
  * necessary diffs for BC are backported from ALL by hand

- plans
  * first, we should focus on completing comments and documents
    to finish the BC patch (of course develop on ALL at first)
  * second, we should focus on completing lacking features for
    ALL such as surrounding text and so on
  * third, we should focus on adapting the ALL patch to Qt4 once
    the upcoming technology preview of Qt4 has been released

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp