[immodule-qt] Question about svn trunk

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Jul 10 19:33:35 EEST 2004

Hi Daisuke,

I have compared my Simplified API tree and svn trunk, and it
caused me several questions. Please let me know the answers
about following questions.

1. Are following interfaces and implementations deprecated and
   discarded? Should we cleanly reimplement corresponding one if
   we need?

  - QInputContextFactory::createPopupSelectIMMenu()
  - QInputContextFactory::displayNames()
  - QInputContextFactory::selectIMName()
  - QInputContextFactoryInterface::displayName()
  - QInputContextPlugin::displayName()
  - QInputContextPluginPrivate::displayName()
  - QTextEdit::enableIMChange
  - QTextEdit::slotChangeInputMethod()

2. Are you thinking about IMError as deprecated? Although you
   had told me that "I'm uncertain whether IMError is necessary
   or not", I didn't hear that it is deprecated.

   So I had reorganized it and reimplemented XIM finalization
   process using it. I think that your alternative
   implementation of the code without IMError is slightly
   inappropriate. I want to hear your decision about IMError to
   reimplement the XIM finalization. Please make your thought
   shared between us.

   In my opinion, removing IMError is a good decision. I think
   that we should use a signal rather than event if error
   handling is required.

3. Why lastWinId in QETWidget::translateKeyEventInternal() is
   discarded? I think that your change involving lastWinId had
   made sense.

Some fixes about mismerging have also committed to the
repository. I'll start porting to Qt4 after trunk has been
cleaned.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp