[immodule-qt] Re: Question about svn trunk

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Sun Jul 11 21:31:40 EEST 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 01:33, YamaKen wrote:
> I have compared my Simplified API tree and svn trunk, and it
> caused me several questions. Please let me know the answers
> about following questions.

Oh, sorry... I forgot to discuss about these.

> 1. Are following interfaces and implementations deprecated and
>    discarded? Should we cleanly reimplement corresponding one if
>    we need?
>
>   - QInputContextFactory::createPopupSelectIMMenu()
>   - QInputContextFactory::displayNames()
>   - QInputContextFactory::selectIMName()
>   - QInputContextFactoryInterface::displayName()
>   - QInputContextPlugin::displayName()
>   - QInputContextPluginPrivate::displayName()
>   - QTextEdit::enableIMChange
>   - QTextEdit::slotChangeInputMethod()

The string which keys() returns should not consider as the object of
internationalization. So, displayName() may be necessity in order to
internationalize the display of qtconfig.

But, I think that other methods are unnecessary. These are used
for the display of a menu like immodule of gtk+2.x, and these menu
are not convenient in my thought.

Probably, the function to realize tool for changing IM which is not
specializing in neither uim, scim nor IIIMF is needed, rather than this menu.

What do you think about this point?

> 2. Are you thinking about IMError as deprecated? Although you
>    had told me that "I'm uncertain whether IMError is necessary
>    or not", I didn't hear that it is deprecated.
>
>    So I had reorganized it and reimplemented XIM finalization
>    process using it. I think that your alternative
>    implementation of the code without IMError is slightly
>    inappropriate. I want to hear your decision about IMError to
>    reimplement the XIM finalization. Please make your thought
>    shared between us.
>
>    In my opinion, removing IMError is a good decision. I think
>    that we should use a signal rather than event if error
>    handling is required.

Error handling is necessary. But, I also think that IMError is
not a best method for error handling.

We should implement the all-purpose function for handling the error
which may take place by each module. However, I do not have a good
idea now.

Do you think to use signal/slot is a better idea?

> 3. Why lastWinId in QETWidget::translateKeyEventInternal() is
>    discarded? I think that your change involving lastWinId had
>    made sense.

When translation of keycode was taken out from QETWidget
(into translateKeycode()), I introduced lastWinId. Therefore,
it is unnecessary to QETWidget::translateKeyEventInternal().

> Some fixes about mismerging have also committed to the
> repository. I'll start porting to Qt4 after trunk has been
> cleaned.

Thank you, and I will check the changes.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>