[immodule-qt] Slave qt immodule support and dead key issue

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:50:33 EEST 2004

Hi Kazuki,

Thanks for your work. I meant to be in charge of this kind of issue,
but glad to hear that you are willing to do it ;)
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:06:04 +0900, Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:
> First, I should add proper key sequence table in qsimpleplugin.h
> Is there any resources which define the key combination?
I think you can have a look at Gtk2, it has a full-functional
table-based simple input context gtk-immodule, I think you can find
all the tables there.

> Second is about displaying character update.
> For example, "multi_key + ^ + e = ê (e with circumflex)".
>
> When hitting '^' key, the character before cursor should be blank or '^' ?
>
> If '^', we need to erase '^' and commit 'ê' when hitting 'e'.
> Is there any way to access the text of widget?
This link describes the deadkeys issue,:
http://wauug.erols.com/~balsa/linux/deadkeys/
AFAIK, if the user's keyboard is set to be one of those layout which
needs "dead keys", then a single ^ won't generate anything: if the
user wants a real ^, he can just hit it twice.

Regards,
Cougar

- Old Chinese adage