[immodule-qt] Should dead key support be builtin feature?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Mon Jul 19 19:45:19 EEST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 01:35:58 +0900
Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:

> > I'm now creating the plugin to support dead/multi key, you know.
> > In gtk+, dead/multi key support is provided as gtkimcontextsimple
> > and"uim-gtk" uses this.
> > That is, dead key support is implemented in immodule level.
> >
> > But I think dead key support is indispensable feature, so if we have
> > gtk+ way, the same codes appears in iiimf-qt, scim-qt, uim-qt.
> > To avoid this, it's better to add the support to QInputContext, I
> > think. dead key support is implemented in inputcontext level.
> >
> > Which is the better way, you think?
> There seems confusion about the word "builtin".
>
> What I want to say is that whether dead key support should be the
> slave module or QInputContext's default feature.

I don't mind if we can turn off dead key feature from source code of
each immodules, because it seems small problem for me.

But IMHO dead key support is too complex to be implemented in
inputcontext level. The problem caused by build-in dead key support in
inputcontext would be bigger than the problem of duplicated codes in
each immodules. (It's only my guess, I have no foundation.)

Although the following is a mere repetition, because it seems small
problem, I don't mind so much.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki