[immodule-qt] Should dead key support be builtin feature?

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Mon Jul 19 20:58:45 EEST 2004

Yamaken,

I'm fully with you, can't agree more! :-).

> From: YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp>
> I think that uim-gtk's way (2. in above) is a temporary
> solution. All of IIIMF, SCIM and uim should support dead/multi
> keys itself and allow combining with other methods according to
> their own framework.

Yup, and it works better in terms of integrity if you integrate it
with the engine framework than integrate it with frontend, from my
experience, as IIIMF have implemented both approaches and shipped for
years as product. and finally chose the former approach as the way to
go.

--
hiura@{freestandards.org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org