[immodule-qt] How to try bc patch via Uim.

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Wed Jun 23 23:32:26 EEST 2004

Hi, All.

I try to conclude how to try qt-immodule now.
Some contents may overlap BinaryCompatiblePatchDocs
(http://www.kde.gr.jp/~daisuke/immodule_for_qt/pukiwiki/?BinaryCompatiblePatchDocs)

1.
Download Qt3.3.2 for X11 from http://www.trolltech.com/

2.
Download newest qt-immodule-bc-patch and patch it to the qt
library

3.
Excute these commands.
This creates static links for some header files.

 $cd include/
 $ln -s ../src/kernel/qinputcontext.h qinputcontext.h
 $ln -s ../src/input/qinputcontextfactory.h
qinputcontextfactory.h
 $ln -s ../src/input/qinputcontextplugin.h
qinputcontextplugin.h
 $cd private/
 $ln -s ../../src/input/qinputcontextinterface_p.h
qinputcontextinterface_p.h
 $ln -s ../../src/input/qximinputcontext_p.h
qximinputcontext_p.h

4.
Build qt-library in normal way.
./configure, make.....

5.
Get the newest Uim from subversion.
  $svn checkout http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/trunk

6.
Build Uim library.
  $./autogen.sh
  $./configure
  $./make
  $./make install

7.
Build Qt-immodule for Uim, aka QUimInputContextPlugin.
QUimInputContextPlugin is located at
trunk/qt/quiminputcontextplugin.
To install this, please excute these commands.

  $./qmake
  $./make
  $./install

Then,libquiminputcontextplugin.so is installed at
$QTDIR/plugins/input

8.
Excute qtconfig and add $QTDIR/plugins/input to "Library
Paths".
Then, you select your input method from the bottom of
"Interface" tab.

9.
Now the preparetion is done.
Please try qt-immodule by inputting some characters.
I recommend you to use Qt's example (example/textedit).

If you have the problem, please ask me with a light heart:-D

--
Move the worl:-D!

Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp