[ANNOUNCE] libratbag 0.9.903

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Sep 4 23:31:30 UTC 2018

libratbag v0.9.903 is out. This is again mostly a development snapshot. Most
notable is a new DBus API GetSvgFd() which returns an fd to the SVG file for
the given theme. This makes it possible to ship ratbag clients like Piper as
flatpak (or as otherwise sandboxed application).

Otherwise we had a bunch of nice fixes:
- libratbag now supports elogind as alternative to systemd's logind.
- better error handling within ratbagd, so the values we send over DBus are
  more reliable now (specifically: we don't send a -1 error as uint anymore)
- Where a profile name is set on the device, we use that now instead of just
  "Profile 1"

And newly supported devices are:
- Steelseries Sensei raw
- Logitech G600 and G302

The git shortlog below has more details. Many thanks to all our
contributors!

Benjamin Tissoires (3):
      circle: allow to annotate clang static analyzer false positives
      hidpp20-drv: allow non configurable mice to work again
      hidpp20-drv: fix number of buttons for non-profiles mice

FFY00 (1):
      steelseries: implement cycle struct

Gui Ambros (1):
      Fix UTF-8 encoding on merge_ratbagd.py, per #493

Luke (1):
      data/gnome: added device entry for G203/G102, artwork needed (#490)

Peter Hutterer (20):
      Initialize a few _cleanup_ pointers to NULL
      README: replace mesonconf with meson configure
      README: fix link to the DBus interface specification
      meson: change to use "-Dtests=true" instead of "enable-tests"
      tools: make ratbagd a bit more robust regarding None object path lists
      tools: make the dbus directory before trying to copy to it (#517)
      libratbag: use !! for the led modes
      libratbag: make the ratbag_*_has_* and _is_ functions return a bool
      libratbag: whitespace fixes
      ratbagd: if the action special type is invalid, change to unknown
      ratbagd: put in a check for invalid -1 sent down the wire
      ratbagd: always return an empty list for array-like properties []
      ratbagd: wrap the various sd_bus functions into a macro
      ratbagd: remove some unused variables
      ratbagd: log the device list by default
      ratbagd: add a --version commandline argument
      Drop the unused libratbag-version.h
      meson_options: fix indentation
      ratbagd: add GetSvgFd() to return an fd to the SVG
      meson.build: libratbag 0.9.903

Rasmus Thomsen (1):
      build: support building with elogind

Stephen Dawkins (6):
      added support for steelseries sensei raw
      added svg for steelseries sensei raw
      disabled macros for steelseries if short_button is set
      updated sensei raw image
      removed sensei raw image from svg
      updated sensei raw svg

Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen (13):
      hidraw: use cleanup for udev enumerate
      increase max number of report rates to 8
      Driver for logitech G600
      G600: fix setting resolution
      meson: bump min version to 0.40.0
      hidpp10: use profile name from device
      set profile dirty on name change
      remove image layer in kinzu SVG
      update logitech G9 SVG
      check-svg: only warn about non-consecutive buttons
      ratbagd: do not warn when converting invalid special action
      hidraw: allow opening multiple hidraw
      steelseries: read settings from device

gandalf3 (7):
      Add logitech G600 svg
      Add LED and Button leads to logitech g600 svg
      Add button ids to leader lines and add leader objects
      Add buttons to device layer
      Fix remaining missing leaders and add style properties
      Add side view, space out leaders so Adwaita dropdowns don't overlap.
      Point buildsystem and piper at logitech-g900 svg

maxice8 (2):
      src/libratbag-data.c tools/lur-command.c: add missing limits.h includes (#507)
      meson.build meson_options.txt: Add systemd switch (#510)

p4block (1):
      Add Logitech G302

git tag: v0.9.903

The libratbag project does not generate tarballs for releases, you can
grab one directly from github:

https://github.com/libratbag/libratbag/archive/v0.9.903/libratbag-0.9.903.tar.gz