Razer EULA restriction still valid ?

Timothy Madden terminatorul at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 01:15:01 UTC 2020

Hello,

About the Razer EULA issue on the Device wiki page:

        "Razer devices

    The EULA of the Razer configuration tool prevents us to reverse
    engineer their protocol. Until we have legal access (or maybe a
    clean room implementation), we can not support those devices in
    libratbag."

Is this still valid please or can this note be removed ?

I tried to compare the Razer Synapse 3 EULA with the Logitech G HUB EULA
for example, and they have the same conditions. Is there a particular
paragraph / note I am missing in the EULA ?

Is it possible the EULA for Razer or Logitech was changed since the
wikki page was written ?

None of the Razer or Logitech EULA mention anything about reverse
engineering the protocol, just the software suite. Also there is the
openrazer/openrazer project on github, that pretty much aims to do the
same as libratbag.

Can I help or contribute to integrating a Razer mouse that I have ?

--
Thank you,
Timothy Madden