✓ Fi.CI.IGT: success for series starting with [1/2] drm/i915/fbc: Don't nuke manually around flips (rev3)

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Fri Apr 30 12:39:46 UTC 2021

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 06:31:49AM -0000, Patchwork wrote:
> == Series Details ==
>
> Series: series starting with [1/2] drm/i915/fbc: Don't nuke manually around flips (rev3)
> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/89517/
> State : success
>
> == Summary ==
>
> CI Bug Log - changes from CI_DRM_10031_full -> Trybot_7704_full
>
> Summary
> -------
>
>   **SUCCESS**
>
>   No regressions found.
>   * igt at kms_draw_crc@draw-method-xrgb8888-render-untiled:
>     - shard-iclb:         [PASS][33] -> [FAIL][34] ([i915#52] / [i915#54]) +1 similar issue
>    [33]: https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/CI_DRM_10031/shard-iclb4/igt@kms_draw_crc@draw-method-xrgb8888-render-untiled.html
>    [34]: https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Trybot_7704/shard-iclb8/igt@kms_draw_crc@draw-method-xrgb8888-render-untiled.html

We have some seriously overzealous failure filtering going on here.
A lot of new failures on iclb with this run that all just got ignored.

We need to get this filtering reduced significantly or we'll end
up merging regressions. Not sure if it's possibly to clean it up
in any gradual way. Might just have to throw out everything related
to crc mismatches and start again from scratch. I suspect FIFO
underruns are in a similar situation.

And in the future really need to start tracking these types of
failures more or less by platform. I think currently we have just
several of these ancient meta-bugs where everything gets clumped
together, and thus no one can ever know what has been fixed and
what is still a problem on each platform.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel