[Intel-gfx] Patch for testing irq spinning

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Dec 4 05:16:41 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 02:44 +0100, Pierre Willenbrock wrote:

> Not looping in the irq-handler seems to work (so far, at least).

Excellent. Looping should only be required when using MSI. Let's try to
get a few more people to report back before we claim 'success' here
though; the disadvantage of not looping is that we may lockup due to
missing an interrupt. We've only seen missing interrupts in MSI mode.

> This is a GM965(pci product-id: 2a02, revision 0x0c). Kernel is
> currently from git: drm-intel, for-airlied:
> 728ced8c47f99a2287cdd0d3e77f5ae1a3d410e6, with the addition of my agp
> patch(currently in airlieds git: agp-2.6, agp-fixes), your patch from
> the initial mail, and some unrelated patches. I guess this answers the
> question for MSI?

Yes, GM965 "supports" MSI, but it's broken, so we don't use it.

keith.packard at intel.com