[Intel-gfx] Wrong fb_bar under 64bit address

Edward Shu Edward.Shu at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 5 01:50:56 CET 2008

Eric Anholt:
> On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 16:58 +0800, Edward Shu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   I am investigating a PCI specific issue for Intel DDX drivers.
>>
>>   In i830_driver.c:i830_detect_chipset()
>>
>> 1323	 /* Now that we know the chipset, figure
>>          out the resource base addrs */
>> 1324	if (IS_I9XX(pI830)) {
>> 1325	fb_bar = 2;
>> 1326	mmio_bar = 0;
>> 1327	} else {
>> 1328	fb_bar = 0;
>> 1329	mmio_bar = 1;
>> 1330	}
>>
>> fb_bar is an BAR index in PCI configure space. In G35,
>> the GMADR spans from 18~1F which can have 64 bit address
>> in G35.  And fb_bar should be 1 instead of 2 following
>> PCI convention.  Why does this wrong fb_bar work by now?
>> I guess BIOS never give GMADDR a 64bit address so far
>> tough it has 64bit address ability. However,  64bit address
>> for GMADR will definitely come.  What do you think of this?
>>

> PCI BAR numbers are based on the offset, not the index in the list of
> BARs the devie has.

If it is that way, how can it deal with 64bit PCI address?
combining two consecutive BARS together?

Best Regards,
Ming.

-Edward Shu
-Solaris x86 Engineering, Sun Microsystems
-Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/sming56/
-tele: +86-10-62673100