[Intel-gfx] Compressed buffer

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sun Jul 13 06:59:13 CEST 2008

On Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:50:35 pm Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> why is there the constant 6MB for the compressed buffer size? My
> framebuffer is 7.5MB large, should not be the size counted from the
> framebuffer size?

We could actually allocate a larger buffer (dynamically even), but I've
limited it to 6MB since we'd *like* to allocate it from stolen space where
possible, and that's usually limited to 8MB max.  It should be easy enough to
try out more dynamic schemes, and allocate from non-stolen memory (since we
generally don't have to worry about the cases where stolen memory is
required), just move the allocation to i830_use_fb_compression() and the free
to the disable routine...  I'd be interested to hear how it works for you.

Thanks,
Jesse