[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.3.1

Mike Wright bodyjarrocks at gmail.com
Mon May 19 07:28:42 CEST 2008

Hi Gordon,

This sounds like the same bug posted here that I have been involved with:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/229043.

I solved it on my end by also upgrading the DRM kernel part (to latest
GIT) as well as the Intel Xorg driver to version 2.3.1.

Without the latest DRM kernel module, the kernel still locks hard,
when X restarts.  I guess this is why so many people with a ASUS
P5E-VM HDMI (G35 chipset) are reporting problems slightly differently.
 Some people report that is happens on logout.  Some people report it
via startx (like me).

Mike.