[Intel-gfx] i965: aperture fixes 59b2c2adb cause lockups in foobillard at startup

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Nov 4 11:18:10 CET 2008

While doing a bunch of irq work, I was testing random programs against
mesa master and found that foobillard (debian unstable version) was
locking up on my GM45 laptop. I bisected and found that this patch was
causing the trouble. I haven't looked to try and figure out what's going
on.

commit 59b2c2adbbece27ccf54e58b598ea29cb3a5aa85
Author: Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net>
Date:   Fri Oct 24 13:02:21 2008 -0700

    i965: Fix check_aperture calls to cover everything needed for the prim at once.

    Previously, since my check_aperture API change, we would check each piece of
    state against the batchbuffer individually, but not all the state against the
    batchbuffer at once.  In addition to not being terribly useful in assuring
    success, it probably also increased CPU load by calling check_aperture many
    times per primitive.

keith.packard at intel.com