[Intel-gfx] GM45/G45 status

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Oct 13 05:50:04 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 13:47 +0200, Martin Olsson wrote:

> I installed GIT master tips for libdrm/xf86-intel now and indeed gdm now comes up
> correctly. I still get a freeze after login though and the AnimCurScreenBlockHandler
> function showed up again in the SEGV stack. This is using the "Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H"
> (G45) motherboard.

Ok, this matches my experience on G45 so far. I just managed to bring up
GEM on it, and the first X server invocation works fine, including 3D
and everything. The second X server startup hangs while painting the
root weave (assuming -retro).

If you're up for it, running drm-intel-next from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel

along with master X server, master libdrm and master xf86-video-intel
may do something different than what you've got today.

Thanks again for your patience, we'll continue to poke at this over the
next few days and see if we can't make it work in both GEM and non-GEM
modes reliably.

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something going on with the GTT
mapping code in the AGP driver -- we're not able to read the hardware
status page (which causes the second GEM hang), and BLTs are causing the
hardware to lock up with a segfault (which causes the non-GEM hang).

Some more pointed debugging along those lines may be indicated.

keith.packard at intel.com