[Intel-gfx] Intel 2.7.0 + kernel 2.6.30-rc2

Colin Guthrie intel at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Apr 16 20:33:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

'Twas brillig, and Claudio M. Camacho at 16/04/09 19:28 did gyre and gimble:
> I just upgraded my Debian and I was happy to see already the 2.7.0 of
> the intel driver. However, there is a problem that happens when KMS is
> enabled, and it not only happens with 2.6.30 but also with 2.6.29 and
> 2.6.29.1.
>
> This problem is that, when I start the X server, the image on the screen
> is diffuse. I took a screenshot, but the screenshot is correct (since it
> is done internally). This only happens with 2.7.0 + KMS, and it is
> unsable.

snip

> Has anybody got the same problem as me, with the vertical bars or the
> fuzzy image on the display when enabling KMS with 2.7.0? If no, I guess
> I have some non-working stack of packages in my Debian, or something is
> wrong with my Vaio.
>
> I'm looking forward to hearing from you :)

One of my Mandriva colleagues just mentioned a similar sounding problem
to me on IRC. I'm not 100% sure as he wasn't as detailed as your
description but I think it could be the same problem.

I had a look at the git changelog as our 903 version worked fine for him
and there have only been 3 commits that actually changed any code since
then! It seems fro him, reverting this commit fixed things:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/commit/?h=2.7&id=6f48379fb8e5997b4b2098b7df5bed399bc559f6

YMMV.

Col

--