[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.7.0

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 16 23:00:51 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 23:55 +0300, Vasily wrote:
> 2009/4/16 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>

>         http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2009-April/002008.html
>
>         Eric, where are we on getting that patch (or similar fix)
>         pushed out?

Answering my own question, (since I talked with Eric this morning). This
fix is now in Linus master and appeared in 2.6.30-rc2. (So, Vasily,
perhaps you didn't have as new a kernel as you thought you did?)

> It seems this one helps,

"helps" meaning that your X server now runs where it didn't before?

> but I got following warning on dmesg:
> WARNING: at security/security.c:217 security_vm_enough_memory
> +0x4e/0x50()

This one doesn't mean anything to me. You're getting this when starting
the X server?

-Carl